Understanding Texas Home Insurance Plans (Form B)

Homeowner’s Insurance is a necessity for many Texas residents worried about the heavy winds that can come through the area and damage homes. Wind damage is a very specific claim under Homeowner’s Insurance that can be easily recorded and claimed in many cases. However, with Homeowner’s Form B insurance in Texas, not every claim is covered outside of a very specific list.

While Homeowners Insurance Form B is the most frequently sold Homeowners policy in Texas, the fact it provides coverage on an “all-risk” basis does not mean it covers everything. In fact, Form B Homeowners Insurance in Texas only covers the following:
fire and lightning, sudden and accidental damage from smoke, windstorm, hurricane and hail, explosion, aircrafts and vehicles, vandalism and malicious mischief, riot and civil commotion, collapse of building or any part of the building, accidental discharge, leakage or overflow of water or steam from within a plumbing, heating or air-conditioning system or household appliance, falling objects, freezing of household appliances and theft.
Very absent from this list is, of course, flood protection.

Homeowners Insurance is essential for the peace of mind Texas residents are looking for in the midst of adverse weather. Flood protection, though, is an additional insurance necessary should water cause damage without being the direct result of a home collapse or wind destruction.

If your home was damaged by either of these things and then damaged by water and your claim was denied under the pretenses of not having flood coverage, call the Berniard Law Firm Toll-Free at 1-866-574-8005 and talk to an attorney about the incident and what can be done for you.

Contact Information